...the computer! At least, some writers seem to think it is. Those writers won't touch a computer until they have the entire first draft written.
It is more than just a matter of what you're accustomed to using as there are things to consider with each. Don't believe me?
Positives of Pen and Paper:
1. There are no Email or blog distractions
2. Procrastinating over text type is almost null and void
3. A rhythm occurs when writing on paper
4. Slowing down may help you process plot without stopping as much
5. If your computer crashes, your stuff isn't lost
Positives of computer:
1. It is a lot faster
2. Built in grammar and spelling help
3. Deleting is cleaner than crossing out
4. Research is at your fingertips
5. Less hand cramping
The lists go on for both.
So, what do you use? Have you tried any other way?