**Please post your answers in the comments.
1. What is your biggest writing goal for 2011?
I want to publish two short stories. I don't normally publish fiction so it would be huge for me.
2. What is one genre you won't write and why?
I won't write a nonfiction book as it would be too restrictive. I also won't write westerns.
3. How long have you been writing?
I have been writing over fifteen years.
4. What aspects of your favorite genre do you like the most?
I love horror/fantasy/paranormal because of the unusual. You can find a whole new world or the world you thought you knew transformed/harboring strange undercurrents.
5. Do you spend more time reading or writing?
Lately, I have been spending more time writing. I haven't been reading much besides news and blogs but have a bunch of books on request from the library.
6. What was your favorite book as a child?
I can't choose just one. I loved the Boxcar Children Series, "I am Regina," Beverly Cleary's and Betty Ren Wright's books. There has to be more as I read a lot but these are off the top of my head.
7. Who is your favorite character in literature now and why?
Right now, I would have to say it is Rachel Morgan of the Hallows Series because she's strong and is a paranormal protagonist but I also like a few of the Women of the Underworld Series for the same reasons. **John from the Nightside Series is cool, too!
8. What trends do you see in popular fiction that you dislike?
So many people are publishing paranormal fiction where they make flat characters and change nothing about the folklore except for making numerous creatures *H&H. I also am getting tired of authors who use pop-culture to fill instead of flavor. (And don't get me started on people with two ounces of fame and less talent getting book deals...)
9. What is one tick you are trying to iron out of your writing?
A lot of my characters have similar gestures which isn't good. I also use too many "ly" words.
Note: *H&H means Hot and well... amorous.