Here are a few different ideas inspired by the 4th of July:
1. Write a persuasive poem or essay using the Bill of Rights or Constitution to get someone to do something unethical but support it somehow using those documents.
2. Humorists: Write in a few amendments or articles that just didn't make the cut for some reason whether it be wording or just plain outdated.
3. Fantasy novelists: Write a list of rules for your made-up towns having them be as strange as you would like.
4. Romance writers: Write a short story about a character experiencing their first "Independence" day from an old relationship.
5. Or simply set a short story or poem around a fireworks show.